Making all our childhood dreams come true, this unique event is running from the 28th July until the 6th of August and is hosted by Dutch company, Splash Waterslides, which may well be the funnest company to work for in the world. The company also puts on waterslide events in cities around Europe, but this is the first time they’ve ventured into the resorts of les Portes du Soleil; here at Source we’re hoping we can generate so much excitement that next summer Splash will be able to come to Morzine so we can slide down the Pleney!
Splash will be held on the Géant piste in Morgins and the slide is a whopping 500m long and allows you to get up to speeds of 55km per hour! It really is the longest in Europe – they’re not just saying that. There are four three-hour time slots and there will be refreshment stands all day, as well as live music and party vibes into the night. This is truly an event for everyone, from families (with children over ten – that’s how old you need to be to ride the slide) to mountain bikers, because who doesn’t love a massive waterslide? You don’t even need to worry if bad weather is on the forecast because rain actually makes the slide more fun. And even better: you’re allowed to wear boardshorts!
Still a bit unsure? Here’s what you need to know in a nutshell:
- The event is held on the Piste Géant, Morgins
- The slide is Europe’s biggest at 500m long
- Tickets can still be purchased at splashyourmountain.com/tickets and cost €26.50 for three hours
- Time slots are 10am – 1pm, 1pm – 4pm, 4pm – 7pm and 7pm – 10pm
- There will be food and drink available throughout the day as well as live DJs and afterparties at night
- Children must be over ten years old to ride the slide
- Morgins is about an hour away by car or can be accessed via the PDS summer lift network – just make sure you leave enough time to get back!
- Wear shoes you don’t mind getting wet
- You ARE allowed to wear boardshorts!
- Lockers are available for a small fee
We caught up with Splash founder Sebastiaan Boogaard in this summer’s issue of Source to find out what it takes to start a waterslide company, make sure you check it out!