This weekend Morzine is making a brief transformation to Sparta for the Spartan Race Europa Championships! A number of different Spartan Races will be going on around town across the weekend, but don’t worry, it won’t affect your day. Keep reading if you want to know the best places to watch, where to park and which roads will be closed over the weekend. Don’t forget to cheer on all those eager Spartans when you see them!
Road Closures for Cars (Saturday and Sunday)
– Rue du Bourg (reopening in the evening on Saturday after the race)
– Route de la Plagne from the Grillon restaurant
– Route de Palais des Sports
– Tennis / skate park access from Place de la Poste.
– Route de la Vieille Crusaz and Rue Bidon
– Chemin de la fruitière
– Route de la Vieille Plagne between Baud Chausseur and the Super Morzine gondola. Access for residents only.
Good Cheering on Spots
– The start / finish zone at the Palais des Sports (access on foot), where you’ll be able to see the spectacular finish from the bridge!
– River crossing between the tennis courts and the post office bridge
– Nyon waterfall (easy access from the Nyon car park)
– The area between the suspension bridge and the start of the Col de Joux Plane (we think!)
– Plateau de Nyon for all races, and Lake Nyon-Guerin for Saturday’s race.
– Underground parking beneath Tourist Office
-Underground parking beneath Avenue de Joux plane
– Parking du Bourg
– The Place de la Poste will remain open to parking (except for the area at the bottom)
– The clay football pitch opposite the Nant will also be reserved for parking
There will be a free shuttle bus over the weekend to transport competitors from the Super Morzine roundabout and the parking along Route de la Plagne.
GOOD LUCK SPARTANS!!
Remember, the Tourist office is still on the hunt for volunteers to help with the races – if you’d like to get stuck in and help out email email@example.com