Website Pure Morzine
Be part of our growing family business!
Having grown over the past several years, we have created the role of assistant resort manager to help oversee the day-to-day management of the business. For this role you will need to speak and write English and French to a high level.
Being part of the Pure Morzine management team comes with a variety of responsibilities and you’ll need to have a professional, flexible and friendly approach, a ‘can do’ mentality and be able to work efficiently under pressure. We require an individual preferably with previous supervisory/management experience within a winter/summer holiday environment.
With up to 175 guests in resort per week and a portfolio of 21 individual properties this will be a challenging but rewarding position and will evolve over the course of the season due to the nature of the business. Should the successful applicant prove themselves an indispensable part of our team during the summer season we will offer a year-round position.
The overall purpose of this role is to assist the resort manager with day-to-day tasks, change-over weekends and office duties.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both French and English.
- Professional manner, friendly personality and able to think on your feet.
- The job may require working unusual hours if a client has a problem and a call out is required.
- Proven team management experience and leadership skills.
- Excellent administration, organisational and motivational skills.
- Competent IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook or equivalent etc.).
- The ability to think clearly and make quick decisions.
- A professional manner and a calm, rational approach in busy situations.
- Experience of the holiday industry is a must – ideally experience of previous ski seasons with a quality chalet/apartment company or management of a summer holiday business.
- Experience of dealing with the people in a customer service oriented environment.
- Must be a confident driver with a clean licence.
- A trial period will be in place for the summer season and you MUST be available to work for the full length of the contract – with a start date of early June and an end date of mid September (the start and end dates may vary with the needs of the business).
Outline of the role:
The role involves providing support to the resort manager and directors in the management of the business on a day-to-day basis. You must be very computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office and able to learn new systems quickly. You will be given full cleaning training in order to maintain our high standards. You will need to have excellent customer service, organisational and communication skills and be able to work within a team and independently. You will also need to be confident dealing with telephone and email enquiries and liaising with local suppliers in both French and English. This role requires a high level of attention to detail as well as flexibility and a willingness to work in any area of Pure Morzine when required to do so.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- ASSISTING THE RESORT MANAGER: Use the automated booking system/pre-arrival calls to guests to produce weekly information such as chalet configurations, arrival/cleaning schedule, ski pass orders and keep track of cleaners hours.
- Be the on duty manager when the other managers are off.
- Help organise cleaning teams and prep products/linen, help with cleaning if needed and carry out checks once finished to ensure our high standards are consistently met.
- Help with recruiting, training and monitoring staff – we will also have a team of supervisors.
- Welcoming arriving guests – show them the property and explain everything.
- Mid-week visit/call to check everything is ok for guests.
- End of the week (on the Friday most of the time), contact the guests to confirm their departure time.
- Answering general queries via email, at the properties and over the telephone.
- Updating the website and social media (updating availability on third party websites also).
- Help with regular image/video content for social media.
- Ensure Pure Morzine standards of cleanliness and service are consistently maintained in all properties.
- Be professional, prompt and well presented at all times.
- Meeting and greeting clients & local suppliers.
- Demonstrate a willingness to “go above and beyond” as required to get the job done.
- Addressing problems or potential problems and troubleshooting.
- Interact and show genuine interest in our guests to create memorable holiday experiences.
- Being the ‘eyes and ears’ of Pure Morzine, making sure that all jobs have been achieved at all times by the other members of staff (including the resort manager and owners!).
- Be self-motivated and demonstrate consistent focus and enthusiasm.
- Be a valued team player by taking measures to assist your colleagues when your own work-load allows (particularly on changeovers).
- Attend and contribute to regular meetings to discuss new ideas and improvements to Pure Morzine.
Benefits of working with Pure Morzine:
- Work for a local French family business in a new role – which you can personalise as it will evolve over time.
- A fixed monthly competitive salary on a French contract. This will be paid in arrears into a French bank account. (The salary will be based on your skills and experience).
- Two days off per week and flexible working hours in line with the needs of the business.
- A package with accommodation is possible: A large double en-suite room in our three-bedroom apartment, located in a quiet part of Morzine (with all bills and WIFI included).
- A full area Portes Du Soleil MTB pass or MultiPass for the season.
- Company laptop and mobile phone allowance.
- Use of company vehicle whilst on work related duties.
- If you prove yourself during the summer season we will look to offer you a full time all year round contract (if both parties are happy).
You will be entitled to two full days off per week, which can be taken as either two consecutive days or one full day and two half flexi days depending on the needs of the business.
Interested in joining our management team?
Should the prospect of joining our team interest you please send your CV with cover letter and photo to email@example.com. We will only consider applications that include all three items:
Your professional CV
A corresponding cover letter
A professional photo
We look forward to hearing from you.
Charlotte, Julia & Ric
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org