After a fairly quiet day on the weather front, the prefecture of the Haute Savoie have this evening issued another severe weather warning for overnight tonight and tomorrow.
After light showers this afternoon, up to 30mm of rain is expected to fall over the next 24 hours and there’s a further threat of flooding in the mountain regions, where the rain will be most intense. Given the current river levels following days of heavy rain, the prefecture have called on Mayors across the region to issue alerts for vigilance.
Residents are therefore reminded to…
– Only travel when absolutely necessary and if you do need to head out in your car, keep your speed low
– Stay away from waterways at all times
– Follow any diversions that are in place for your safety
– Prevent forest walks and trips into the mountains
– Avoid submerged roads or routes, both in vehicles and on foot